To all you GasSafeists

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A neighbour has a combi that has the High Pressure relief pipe piped into a plastic drain, rather than to outside. The boiler is not like an Intergas or ATAG, where the discharge runs into the plastic drain being designed to do so. It should have a copper pipe to outside.

On a GasSafe check, the man only flagged it as some sort of warning not a failure. Is that the case?

Sponsored Links
There is no pass and fail, it is a record of what the customer has, only in the case of an Immediately dangerous situation would the RGI request permission to disconnect the appliance from the gas supply, this is not one of them

Well enlighten me , what is a fail ? it is a report on what you find, I only have At Risk and Immediately dangerous paperwork, dont have any failed paperwork, can you send me a link where I get this failed paperwork please

Sponsored Links
my post was not meant for you, there used to be three categories one was not to current standards or NCS which meant exactly that, things might have been ok when installed but the regs have changed, I dont believe that the situation you describe is dangerous or a threat in any way so I would do the same , I would record it but it is not AR or ID my post was meant for @durhamplumber

Posts on a thread are meant for all. There is a box on the form that says remedial action, with a line put through that point.

I was referring to CP12s in general,not specifically the PRV.CP12 can definetly be pass or fail.Hope that clears it up for you.
Wrong again it is a record of what you find , there is no pass or fail on what used to be called a CP12 but is now a P45

You are wrong.

And becides.... cp12 is simply the name of the form. It is not an official title of a landlord's gas safety inspection.
Well landlord safety inspections can defo pass or fail..Mr Pedantic dance around on head of pin.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back