To all you GasSafeists

Sponsored Links
Where on the certificate does it say pass or fail apart from on specific tests?
Dan,,be as pedantic as you like,,argumentative as you like,CP12 can defo fail..High CO readings for example you going to quite happily issue CP12?

Sponsored Links
gas-safety-certificate-1024x724.jpg

It's nothing to do with pendantism. You are just wrong plain and simple.

High CO readings for example you going to quite happily issue CP12?

Yes.

Readings logged down, warning notices/remedial action/unsafe procedures applied as necessary. Document signed by responsible person if present. Certificate issued accordingly.

There is no pass or fail for the inspection. It is not rocket science, and it is concerning that as (I suppose) an RGI you don't seem to understand something that basic.

Yes.

Readings logged down, warning notices/remedial action/unsafe procedures applied as necessary. Document signed by responsible person if present. Certificate issued accordingly.

There is no pass or fail for the inspection. It is not rocket science, and it is concerning that as (I suppose) an RGI you don't seem to understand something that basic.
Rofl...remedial action taken.....you mean the fault was rectified,then you issue the CP12...you are correct.Its not rocket science.

If Co is high then, you follow unsafe procedures. My customers paying for a boiler service as part of the inspection so I will carry that out, make remedies where covered by a service then issue certificate.

If Co is still high, or is on a different appliance then certificate is issued with notices as per the fecking rules. There is no pass or fail for the certificate.

Christ on a bike, it so simple to understand.

MOD: Edited.

As a layman, i.e. a customer - I would expect a pass or fail.
No matter what you want to call it or how you want to word it.

Either it passes or it fails.
If everything is OK and no action is needed on anything then that to me is a pass.
If some things need immediate remedial action then as a layman/customer to me that is a fail.

Like a car MOT, it either passes or fails - there may be advisories.
Simples really.

If everything is OK and no action is needed on anything then that to me is a pass.
If some things need immediate remedial action then as a layman/customer to me that is a fail.

Simples really.

It is not an MOT. It is a record. Individual tests may pass or fail. It matters not a schit what you expect.

The reason I'm coming across as a little triggered is for the same reasons that Bernard often boils my pizz.

Crap information being given to the public by those without a clue ruins things for the rest of us when people act on or expect things because of said schit information...

Dan’s spot on. If it failed you would be requested to do another one when the remedial work was carried out. There is one landlord inspection a year with advice issued where required.

Simples really.
Despite the debate, if an installation is dangerous the GasSafe man has to cut off the appliance. He cannot walk out leaving a dangerous house. Even an MOT has points on which to watch, however the car maybe safe to drive. An MOT is not black & white, neither is a GasSafe inspection. A dangerous car is given back to the owner in a failed MOT, in a dangerous gas installation it is isolated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back