To blind or not to blind

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I'm replacing the concrete floor in my shower room/toilet. The floor's had to be replaced as it had subsided (poor oversite).

I'm using polystyrene sheet (jablite) to insulate the floor with the dpm on top of the insulation. The final layer of hardcore has been finished off with selected finer rubble pieces and finings, therefore, is it necessary to blind the hardcore with sand prior to laying the insulation?

Also should I wrap the plastic soil pipes, which will come up through the concrete slab, with anything prior to laying the concrete?

Regards,

duffsparky.

Sponsored Links
No and no. The purpose of the blinding is to protrect the dpm from damage - in this case the poly does that. Plastic waste pipes are fine in concrete.

Thanks for that jeds :D

Just to make sure we're on the same wave length, I was referring to wrapping the soil pipes where they poke up through the concrete/screed for the purpose of movement etc.

Thanks in advance.

duffsparky.

Sponsored Links
I see. Do so if you think a few millimetres of play might be useful for installation later - but not necessary otherwise.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back