To much Devi-Mat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having completely redone the bathroom - and changed the layout form the original plan - I now find I have to big a roll of devi-mat by about a m2.

The simplest solution seems to be to layout the 'surplus' out under the bath.

Other that a little wasted heat, is this going to cause any problems?

Sponsored Links
As long as the area under the bath will be tiled then this is fine, as there will presumably be plenty of height between the tiled surface and the base of the bath to allow the heat to escape. Failing that, you could adjust the spacing of the heating wire to allow you to use the excess to heat the flooring where you actually need it, rather than letting it go to waste. This is why I much prefer loose wire kits.

What you can't do is just leave the wire laid out with nothing on top, as electric UFH kits do not use self-regulating heating wire, so it's very likely this area would overheat and lead to damage of the cable.

Thanks.. I've cut the mesh and respaced. There is some surplus going under the bath but I've got some spare tiles which I can lay on top of.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back