Wiring my devi underflloor up with my electric towelrail?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all i have an electric fed towel rail big sod 1200x 600 which has a 1200 watt element with a capillary stat on it. Im in the process of doing my bathroom albeit it slowly. I did have a 13 amp spur running of the ringmain inside the bathroom that used to feed a dimplex 2kw blow heater at high level.

I moved the spur to the other side of the stud work, i had to extend the ring main with a joint box to reach the new location. Ive fitted a new box for the devi 550 stat for the underfloor matting 2.5 m2 and run the ntc stat cable back there plus dropped the load feed off the spur.

The question is can i wire the towel rail and the underfloor into the devi stat 550, logically it makes sense to have 1 control. Obviously the stats connection points are too small to take 2 sets of cables so i have to tee them downwind of the actual stat.

Oh the consumer boards is all rcds was a refurb circa 1994

Sponsored Links
ill tell you for a fact the council don't give a monkeys about electrical notifications on private residences. I actually no the chap responsible for woking borough every 6mths or so they have to order new filing cabinets for the damn certificates. he jokingly said do you think anyone would mind us burning them.

Fair enough.

If/when you come to sell the house, do you plan to lie to the purchaser?

Sponsored Links
I only extended the damm ring main by like 6 " lol
If it makes you feel better ill get one of my sparky buddies to certify it when he comes round to test the matting and do the down lighters.

And you installed UFH, which is notifiable.

Do you plan to notify the lights?

Are you hoping your sparky buddy will lie for you on official documentation?

Anyway - I'm not saying these things to give you a hard time - I'm no fan of Part P, and as long as you've thought through the implications of not ending up with Building Regulations approval for notifiable work that's down to you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back