Todays Wordle confusion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone do Wordle? We do it as a family, friendly game to see who can do it in the least moves.
My wife and son did it earlier today but when I did it tonight I got a different word. Turns out the first word selected, which was loaded to the app a year ago, but recent news in America has made it potentially contentious so they hurriedly changed it. They got the refreshed word whilst I got the original word, even though it was much later in the day.
Anyone else discovered this?
I won't say what the word is in case anyone who plays hasn't played it yet.

Sponsored Links
Yeah, i play it daily. What was the original word today? I got shine, which doesn't seem very contentious.

Sometimes i challenge myself with a naughty starting word

Screenshot_20220506-001630.png

I'll tell you the original tomorrow in case others haven't done it yet.

Sponsored Links
Correct, the original word was FETUS, (American spelling), but because of the controversy in America regarding abortion laws they decided to change it at the last minute to SHINE.
The puzzling thing was I didn't do it till I got home from work in the evening, by which time it should have been replaced.

Maybe I didn't do it til morning, as usually I am online just after midnight.

Although, just did today's. If I didn't do a crazy opening word I might not have got this one!

Cancelling the word will not change the narrative - All hell is about to break loose in America and i don't see how anything can stop it.
The Trumpa-Lumpa is rumbing towards Washington once again. Be aware. Be Very Aware.

Maybe I didn't do it til morning, as usually I am online just after midnight.

Although, just did today's. If I didn't do a crazy opening word I might not have got this one!

Got it in 3 today. My average is 3-4 giving me a 98% rating at the moment.

24% 3, 40% 4, 93% success
And, 1% in 2!

Always start with same two words to get in all the vowels plus y.

Blup

Correct, the original word was FETUS, (American spelling), but because of the controversy in America regarding abortion laws they decided to change it at the last minute to SHINE.
The puzzling thing was I didn't do it till I got home from work in the evening, by which time it should have been replaced.

I know this is a bit late……

But you only got the new word of you refreshed your browser, according to NYT.

I think I am the last one still doing it. Getting bored but cannot stop until I lose my streak. Which may be late May, when on a cruise, and am not paying £12/18 per day for WiFi !

Sponsored Links
Back