Toilet dripping water into pan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

One of our toilets seems to be dripping water (ever so slightly) into the pan, casing the valve to top up the water level quite often.

Would this be caused by the main seal between the pan and where the water lives or the valve (I can replace this bit)?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Have you looked to see if the water level in the cistern is now too high.

Either the flush valves seal is passing ,or the seal between the flush valves base and the cistern is.

Sponsored Links
On my Fluidmaster it was the base seal. It's never the easy twist to release bit. That meant removing the close coupled cistern to rectify it.

I had a similar issue earlier this year with a concealed cistern. It turned out to be the large rubber washer at the bottom of the flush mechanism. Fortunately, Oli fitted a spare washer to the reverse of the push plate.

You have reminded me that I need to order a spare one, that said, the first washer lasted about 15 years.

I think the washer has lost its seal a little and probably needs to be replaced now. So does the flush unit unscrew? Never replaced one of these, just the top half.
Also the unit itself, or the top lid isn’t straight with i think was causing the unit to pull it over enough for it to leak. I’ve since adjusted the top at an angle and it seems better, for now.

I am not a plumber, but if you post photos, a plumber might be able to advise you.

It’s still happening.
I’ve another post open.
Here are photos.

Attachments

• IMG_6756.jpeg
    IMG_6756.jpeg
    174.9 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_6757.jpeg
    IMG_6757.jpeg
    118.8 KB · Views: 24
Gaz I’ve just replied on your other thread I thought you meant when you flush it was leaking externally , on those symphonies the seal
Is internally that it passes , the old days you had an over flow now the overflow is the syphon … the easiest way for a diy is to get the same syphon if still available unscre the top syphon section and replace it 30 second job

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back