Toilet Fill Valve Adjustment

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear All

I am trying to work out how to adjust the height of the valve as per the attached photos "Toilet" to allow less/more water to fill the cistern. In the past I have done this simply by pulling down a clip around the whole plastic tube & then sliding the pipe up or down before pushing the clip back into place.

As you can see in the photos there is no clip on this type BUT there does seem to be a thread; how does this work? Do you think I have to remove the whole assembly & screw the valve up or down...it doesn't seem to just
pull or push up and down???

Any advice.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Turn the plastic cross head bit, bottom left on the photo, to adjust the water level.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply. I have already adjusted that as far as it will go but I need a more major adjustment which is normally the stem of the inlet pipe itself, but as I say not sure how to adjust this type.

There will be a little plastic tab that can be flicked out, permitting the valve to be rotated then raised or lowered to the required height. Once adjusted, you should put the tab back where it came from to prevent accidental adjustment in the middle of the night!

Thanks muggles/Andrew.

Have you got a picture or a web link as an example because I cannot see or feel anything, just the smooth upper section & threaded lower section.

Thanks

Look at your own picture. The bottom section isn't threaded, it's grooved to form a bayonet. The plastic tab, if present, will be wedged between the two sections. If it's not there then you should be able to grasp the base of the upper section, twist it 45° and then raise our lower it. Do this with the water off or you'll get extremely wet

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back