Toilet fill valve replacement?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We have 2 toilets in our apartment and have noticed that the fill valve in the en-suite constantly drips (from the blue part)

Pic attached is of the main bathroom but they are the same , will attach en-suite pic later

What are the options for replacing / fixing the part? I have had a quick google and "fluidmaster/korky" has come up. Not sure if they would fit as its quite close to the flush valve?

Attachments

• IMG_5835.JPG
    IMG_5835.JPG
    149 KB · Views: 221
Sponsored Links
Any other wearable parts worth replacing whist at it?

Would there be no benefit of replacing the ballcock style fill valve for one of the newer ones?

Sponsored Links
Cheers Andy,

Will just do the washer for now, think I had trouble replacing the washer in the main bathroom toilet as didn't know which was the right washer to use. Hopefully will go to plan this time.

I will give most things a go (had a radiator off before without much problem)

Don't seem to have much luck with washers, tried replacing the bathroom tap washer previously and again couldn't find the right one. Need to fix that too as still not great

image.jpeg image.jpeg
having a nightmare with this as I expected :(

Water ****ing everywhere and the fill will now not shut off?

Could you confirm which way up the washer should go and if I'm missing anything?

Not sure if it's miss threading.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    76.7 KB · Views: 743
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    75.7 KB · Views: 236
took the ball off to try to make it easier to screw on straight

image.jpeg
At the bottom of the pic are the bits I took off.

At the top are the pieces in a kit from screw fix.

The 2 black washers on the bottom right were from a previous bad attempt to fix

take the one of your other toilet to see where everything goes , keep it all together this time

Is the washer the right way up in this pic ?

The black washers you mention to place between the chamber and the inlet don't look like the right size :( can I get a replacement? The red one in the kit the wrong type I guess?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    80.8 KB · Views: 239

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back