Toilet fitting problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am planning to fit a new toilet on the ground floor. It is served by a vertical outlet in a concrete floor. I have located a close coupled s-trap toilet that I would like to use (see photo below), but am not sure how I would go about connecting it to the exiting soil pipe (as shown in the photo below). I suspect the new toilet (which I haven't yet purchased) will not fit over the existing pipe which has some sort of collar surrounding it. Should I try and remove the collar, or does this risk damaging the soil pipe itself. Can anyone help with some suggestions as to what I should do in this particular setting?

Many thanks,

Mike

Sponsored Links
If the S trap outlet finishes flush with base of the pan as shown in the diagram then you will struggle I think. The soil pipe in the floor will need to be lowered to accept a pan connector at the correct height to seal the outlet. Might be better off with the P trap version, and appropriate 90deg pan connector.

If the S trap outlet finishes flush with base of the pan as shown in the diagram then you will struggle I think. The soil pipe in the floor will need to be lowered to accept a pan connector at the correct height to seal the outlet. Might be better off with the P trap version, and appropriate 90deg pan connector.

Thanks Hugh, yes that was another option although it will bring the toilet right into the middle of the room, which I was hoping to avoid. Lowering the soil pipe isn't really an option, without major excavations as it goes into the ground and underneath the outside wall. I guess it wouldn't be sensible to cut off the outer collar that you can see in the photo and insert a new connector into the part of the soil pipe that lies below floor level?

Mike

Sponsored Links
Can anyone tell me what sort of connector I would need to connect to a clay soil pipe, and how it would join with the inside of the clay pipe?. As you can see from the photo there is something in there already, although it is rather corroded and probably needs replacing.

Thanks

Mike

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back