Toilet flush handle not working for a WC with a hidden tank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

As the title suggests, I have a WC with a tank which is well hidden behind a wooden panel, with a marble slab on top. There is no opening available to lift the marble and gain access to the tank. It is locked pretty tightly.

The flush handle (which is accessible through a tight hole in the wooden panel) has been temperamental for some time but has now completely stopped working.

Can anyone suggest a suitable course of action? Is this a big job requiring an experienced plumber or can it be done as a DIY?

Many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
More likely be easier to remove the tongue n groove wood and go from there.
Rather than trying to remove the marble and break it.
The wood is easier/cheaper to fix.

Sponsored Links
You need to gain access somehow, the top should come off, it went on

The top is sealed tight. There is no access plate or anything.

So, what would be the best approach? Break off the wood and get the tank/flush fixed?

Thanks.

The marble top is the last piece to go on. Remove any silicone around the edge of the marble and it will lift up.

I've done many of these (and so has Seco)

Andy

I concur with the above. The top HAS to be the last piece fitted. It may be stuck down with a bead of silicone that will need cutting with a craft knife.

If you REALLY can't shift the top, running a craft knife down the joints between the T&G boards cutting through the tongue may loosen a board without too much damage. I had to do that to get to a leaky connector on a bottom fed fill valve in an almost identical installation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back