Toilet flush keeps running

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

we have a push button flush on our toilet that keeps running.. a few taps of the button and it normally sorts itself out.

I’ve taken the flush system out and have found that the sealing disc at the bottom sticks. I’ve watched a few videos online and some are saying that these systems are pretty universal but I wanted to ask you guys.

I’ve attached a pic and was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction as to an appropriate replacement from toolstation please.

thanks as always..

Duncan

Attachments

• 06EA728A-8964-459F-AE67-3F073FC62C93.jpeg
    06EA728A-8964-459F-AE67-3F073FC62C93.jpeg
    323.1 KB · Views: 127
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    358.2 KB · Views: 99
Sponsored Links
Do you want to fit a complete new valve ,or just the bits in your pics ?

Hiya,
Thanks for answering!
just the bits in the pic please.. it’s a bit of a nightmare to get to so if I can get away with just replacing that unit then all the better. I don’t know, but I’m guessing it’ll come with the fixing it clamps into on the bottom of the cistern..?? But if that’s the case I’ll just set that aside.

Yes ,the base is part of the valve. Unless you can identify the make/model of the valve you have ,and source a new one ,you would have to fit a complete new valve. The bit in your pics is not universal , manufacturers don't make them that way.

Sponsored Links
Ahh I see… glad I came here then and didn’t take the internets ‘use a universal part’ theory.

So, I’ve found this :
https://www.toolstation.com/fluidmaster-dual-flush-push-button-valve/p65429

The current one doesn’t have a make or model on but it looks similar. Do you think it’s worth getting this and trying it? Worst case scenario is I guess I could get into the underneath of the toilet and fit the bottom bracket. Do they come with all the necessary seals and things if I do end up putting the base in too?

That's maybe a mcdee kayla flush valve seem to recognise the yellow cable
Could well be, but I would expect it would carry wirquin branding on it somewhere. It does look very similar.

If I went with the fluid master one would it be that worst case scenario I’d just have to fit the bottom bracket? Or is there a better alternative on screwfix/toolstation that I could get?

Toolstation code 86454 is the wirquin Kayla ,good chance it will fit onto your existing base.
If not ,fitting a complete new valve ( any make will do) will require the cistern to be seperated from the pan on close coupled toilets . New do nut washer would have to be purchased separately.
Show us a pic of inside cistern and the pan.

Thanks Terry,

hopefully pic is attached…

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 54
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 48
Thanks. You don't have a close coupled WC ,so forget about the donut washer.
You have a concealed cistern and WC pan up against a cabinet. So SOME flush valves won't be suitable.your best bet ( if you don't want to get a plumber to do it ) is to remove the valve and take it to a plumbers merchant to give you a suitable replacement.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back