Toilet Flusher Advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Recently my toilet needs 2 - 3 good cranks of the handle to get it to flush which I think points to a perished flusher diaphragm.

Before I attempt to replace the flusher I wondered if I could run a few questions by you all.

1. Am I right in thinking I will need to replace the entire flusher mechanism and cannot just replace the diaphragm?
  2. Given this toilet is old (70's) will I struggle to find the correct fitting parts (Imperial vs Metric?)
  3. At the moment it drips from the inlet valve attached to the float, can I simply replace this?
  4. Any other advice?
Pics for reference:

SSxqFSL.jpg

5bWVqsB.jpg

fJHhh2Q.jpg

Sponsored Links
Yes, they will fit.

On the float valve, just change the parts that are inside the cistern and the internal red inlet valve inside the float valve.

Andy

Sponsored Links
One last question as collecting parts today. Seems the rubber washers on my cistern have perished. Do these have a specific name?

oz8RmAK.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back