Toilet flushing problem

Yup, bought a set yesterday, B&Q of all places, only ones I've found, SF don't even seem to do them o_O -

productTemplate

http://www.diy.com/departments/coupling-bolt-set-l-440mm-dia-70mm-set-of-1/1484896_BQ.prd

Sponsored Links
But are the B+Q ones solid brass or plated s#it from China :unsure:

Sponsored Links
As long as the plating is reasonable, then there shouldn't be an issue, but as the Toolstation pair are even cheaper, then it doesn't even need to be considered.

Just hold the threaded part of the bolt underneath using a pair of grips to stop spinning while using another tool to undo the wing nut, jeez an angle grinder fook me :LOL: especially in a tight space :)

I'm pretty sure the B&Q dimensions are wrong "Coupling Bolt Set (L) 440mm (Dia) 70mm, Set of 1"

It didn't occur to me they'd be off the shelf. I use stainless often, and got stainless coach bolts and wingnuts for mine. Stainless is prone to seizing and you can get special nickel grease at boaty places.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back