- Joined
- 19 Sep 2026
- Messages
- 2
- Reaction score
- 0
- Country

Hi everyone,
I’m having an issue with my toilet cistern. The inlet/fill valve seems to be closing too early, so the cistern is not filling to the proper water level.
I’ve attached a photo of the inside of the cistern. The water supply appears to shut off while the water level is still relatively low. This results in a weak flush.
Does anyone know if the inlet valve/float can be adjusted to allow the cistern to fill higher, or does the valve look faulty and need replacing?
Any advice on how to adjust or troubleshoot this particular type of inlet valve would be appreciated.
Thanks!
I’m having an issue with my toilet cistern. The inlet/fill valve seems to be closing too early, so the cistern is not filling to the proper water level.
I’ve attached a photo of the inside of the cistern. The water supply appears to shut off while the water level is still relatively low. This results in a weak flush.
Does anyone know if the inlet valve/float can be adjusted to allow the cistern to fill higher, or does the valve look faulty and need replacing?
Any advice on how to adjust or troubleshoot this particular type of inlet valve would be appreciated.
Thanks!