Toilet keeps running and water flows into pan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

I have a toilet that won’t stop filling and results in the water running out into the pan - like it’s constantly flushing.

I seem to remember having a problem like this before on another toilet and it was the flush valve - I think.

Could anyone tell me if this is the likely cause and if so, from the pictures could you tell me which flush valve it is I need please

Thankyou!!
A3FE572A-27F4-4958-AC08-6972870E87BE.jpeg7875CEE7-8092-4B2B-86CA-F9C779C2A900.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Is the float on the flush valve assembly stuck, or does it need its position changing so the water stops before the overflow pipe?

Blup

Thanks both for your replies. It’s reaching the overflow. I’ve turned the adjuster on the float but that doesn’t make any change.

Sponsored Links
Will do… thanks for your help. Do you know from the pics what float valve is currently in there so I can get like for like please?

Why do you want another the same as the one that's let you down ?
Fit a fluid master with brass shank instead.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back