Toilet leaked. Hole in plasterboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The back to wall toilet cistern is leaking from where the cold water supply enters. The water has damaged the plasterboard wall surrounding the toilet. I have removed some of the plaster so i could isolate the leak.

The cistern has been silconned to the wall.

Any suggestions on how i can cover the holes? Was thinking a panel to fix to the wall and then refit the toilet unit to the panel?

Sponsored Links
If using a panel brings the toilet pan forward then the pipes behind will most likely leak. :eek:

If using a panel brings the toilet pan forward then the pipes behind will most likely leak. :eek:

I can get to the pipes once i remove the cistern which involves cutting the plasterboard out. Was thinking a wipe able panel to cover the holes and refit toilet & cistern to the panel

Edit
Now see you are fitting the panel behind the cistern, my error.

Sponsored Links
So you are in at the toilet/cistern from the rear? or did you burst your way in from the front? Where exactly will you be paneling, is it just behind the cistern? Any pics?

Im in at about 8 inches above skirting board level. Enough to get my phone in the void to see what was leaking and turn the isolator off. So have to holes either side of the toilet from top of skirting to about eight inches up.

Will try and get some pics

2CC8E2BE-CC05-4321-9BFA-E1053DC9A4E7.jpeg
6628B00F-121B-46E8-BEC6-5F7730F9CE86.jpeg

Attachments

• C69F5D06-C72D-4F2A-BDB2-268F88FD43B4.jpeg
    C69F5D06-C72D-4F2A-BDB2-268F88FD43B4.jpeg
    116.9 KB · Views: 177
Ah ok, it may be easier cutting a section out up to where the baton is, will be easier to fit. Also bring the toilet cold feed valve out to under the cistern so it is accessible in the future without having to break into the wall.

Thanks

Its the part that lets water in under the cistern thats leaking. Think im going to have to take it all out.

Ah ok, it may be easier cutting a section out up to where the baton is, will be easier to fit. Also bring the toilet cold feed valve out to under the cistern so it is accessible in the future without having to break into the wall.

It's leaking from the fill valve seal were it comes through the cistern? A nip up of the plastic nut under the cistern usually takes care of that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back