toilet leaking between cistern and toilet pan

Thanks for all the Pee taking chaps I think I will slap a lot of silicone on it until we can afford to replace with a new one. If I find anymore bodge jobs around the house I will let you know.

Cliff
Sounds good to me. If you can get it to seal, and the flush performance is ok, ulitmatly what more do you want.

Even the proper close coupled angle on the amatage loos I spoke of before failed a few years about (circa 17yo) and are now held together with silicon. Three years and counting on that.

Cut it all out, clean it all down, dry it all off, leave it 24hour without using it so its really dry, then get as much silicon in there there as you can, nice big bead over the top to finish, proberbly get you a few years minimum till you can do something else or just do it again.

Its not holding an real presure, and only when the flush is actually in progress, so its not going pour water everywhere randomly one day when your on holiday.

Daniel

Sponsored Links
Thanks Daniel,
sound advice I am going to take and fix it tonight.

Cliff

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back