Toilet leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When flushing the toilet water drips from the rubber sleeve thats attached to the bowl can you help :(

Sponsored Links
i took to be from the cistern..not the pan connector..
either way

Sponsored Links
Made me laff.........one`s a clean easy job.the other is :evil:

What's the answer to this? I've got a leak in the small inlet pipe from the cistern.

What's the answer to this? I've got a leak in the small inlet pipe from the cistern.

leaking at the pan end or the cistern end ?

pan end check the seal is in the pan fully it maybe spliting etc.
often a loose can can cause them to come loose in the rear of the pan.

leaking at the pan end or the cistern end ?

pan end check the seal is in the pan fully it maybe spliting etc.
often a loose can can cause them to come loose in the rear of the pan.

Cistern end. See image. There's nothing visibly damaged. Maybe I need a new washer, although it seems it would be hard to fit it, as I can't extract the outflow pipe in order to put it over this.

you need a new 1 1/2" waste outlet washer.
same as whats in this fitting
p1869421_l.jpg

if you empty the cistern then undo the one thats leaking and release the nut/seal then you can undo the top hex nut and lift the sysphon enough to
slide the old washer off and new one on.

you need a new 1 1/2" waste outlet washer.
same as whats in this fitting
if you empty the cistern then undo the one thats leaking and release the nut/seal then you can undo the top hex nut and lift the sysphon enough to
slide the old washer off and new one on.

Thanks. Really struggling to undo the hex nut at the moment. It's very hard to get a grip on it with a wrench. But I'll keep working on it.

Thanks. The store I went to didn't have a washer like the one that was previously fitted, but gave me a larger, rubber one, looking more like the one in your picture. I've fitted it, and it seems to be OK. Fingers crossed that it lasts...

By the way this was only the second use I've had of siphoning in my life (to empty the water remaining in the cistern after flushing). The previous occasion was to empty my parents' basement of water after a flood. A rarely used technique I think, but very handy when it is needed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back