Toilet seat fitting identification and removal help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys. Long time forum lurker here. I have been having trouble removing a toilet seat base with quick release fittings. I have a varied level of DIY experience, but it does not extend to cover this! I tried some googling and reverse image search, but that just brings up a series of photos of car doors (not exactly what I was going for).

Any ideas on how to remove this base? I've included a photo of the base, and one of the fixings. It's probably simple in practice, but I've not encountered it before.

Thanks in advance!

IMG_20200628_120646283.jpg
IMG_20200628_120723729.jpg

Sponsored Links
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
That's what I was thinking too, but I've been trying to prise it off but there's not much movement on it. I'm reluctant to use too much force with it in case I damage the pan.

It was as simple as you said in the end! I think the bathroom fitter must have glued the chrome top plate down and that's why it wasn't shifting. I just tore into it with a screwdriver with cloth underneath the blade to protect the ceramic, and it popped off.

Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_20200628_124143084.jpg
    IMG_20200628_124143084.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 238
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
That's been a victim of the male inhabitants of the house I'm afraid, especially the ones that cant pee straight, basically it's pee that has stuck that down over time coupled with a tight fit.

Ah, a wonderful parting gift from the previous occupants of the house then!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back