Toilet seat issue's

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, as you've probably guessed by the title, I'm not brilliant at d.i.y, I've been through about 5 toilet seats, as they keep snapping, so I decided to get one from B&Q, seems a bit sturdier, but when I tighten it up, the stoppers at the front don't seem to quite reach the porcelain, when I push down on the front, it's forcing the back of the seat up and I'm guessing forcing the nut loose at the back, does anyone knoe how to rectify this? thanks

Sponsored Links
If it's not touching the porcelain rim at the front, then this is why the seats are snapping.

Do not force it, are you fitting the correct washers, any chance of pictures...??

For reasons unknown, the seat hinge pads that sit on the pan topside need to rise a small amount......maybe a plastic washer acting like a spacer would help?
If thats not possible, the thickness of the rear buffers could be reduced.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Is this a wooden seat and cover, where the hinge is actually two hinges combined? ...pinenot :)

How about a photo of the other end, the fittings - sideways on etc.

No photos of down the pan though :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back