Toilet Seat Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Hope this is the right forum to ask this, apologies if not. I need to replace my toilet seat but I don't recognise the type of hinge it uses. I've been told it's an Ideal Standard Kyomi seat, but they are quite expensive and I'd rather replace it with a cheaper one, but I don't know if I can with the type of hinge used?

Also, the screw on the left hand side is loose, but I can't see how to get underneath/behind the basin to tighten it from underneath. The screw just turns and turns at the moment like it's lost the nut from the other side.

Any help gratefully received and there should hopefully be a couple of pictures attached.

Thanks all,

N

Sponsored Links
Thanks very much. Does that mean that, with the right fittings, I could fit any toilet seat?

Sponsored Links
You need a seat that is top fitting, ie does not have the nuts that you fix underneath.

You can get this seat off by removing the screw that does work and then pulling it hard up whist unscrewing the other screw, that should work with less risk of damaging the toilet. There will be a plastic threaded hole in a fixing underneath and the thread is probably damaged.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back