Toilet Seat soft close hinge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Cassellie Loxley Back to Wall Pan with Luxury Seat

The company went into administration and got sold off to mobility group

I just need a new hinge part - or advice on how to get apart

Looking at various youtube videos - it appears to be that the silicon grease may just need replacing / filling

But i cannot get the thing apart
I have undone the little lock nut at the end - but still will not come apart

i suspect that it maybe something to do with the button mechanism , which as you push onto the toilet upright pins - the lock button pops out
But i cant see in the hole how that works

i cannot seem to attach file picture of hinge

I will post and see if i can on edit - nope still cannot - click on attached files - and nothing happens

here is a dropbox version

Sponsored Links
thanks for your reply

not available - company closed down, and searching looks like i need to get a new toilet (£350-400), cant find the item separate , also its very very expensive for something that should be able to be repaired - also trying to avoid unnecessary landfill

I did buy a spare some time ago £99 before covid , as we have 2 toilets and one has cracked lid as the grandkids tend to sit on the lid - which you cannot do - so the plan was to change that one when the grandkids are a little older

So i have fitted the the new lid - BUT i would still like to repair this hinge which looking at youtube should be possible

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back