Toilet seat tighten, perplexed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got this Villeroy And Boch bog...

Toilet.jpg

...and, for the life of my I don't understand how I would tighten up the toilet seat, those metal bits you can see (which I've yanked the toilet seat off) are all loose and wobbly. Normally, I'd get underneath the back of the bog and use my hands to tighten some nuts. Eek!

But how do I do that with this bog?

It seems to be this model, or very like it...

http://www.ukbathrooms.com/shop/toi..._toilet.html?gclid=COL1i4ugosMCFSSWtAodjwkArA

...it looks much the same, and it has the a circular pull-out piece of plastic on each side, about a third of the way down, what is that for?

Do I need arms like Mr Tickle to get at this stuff, or is there an easy way of tightening-up the metal bits the toilet seat affix to?

Any help really appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Those chrome caps should just pop up and off, use a small screwdriver to prise them up. Below those caps you should see the screw/bolt head, nip them up. If the plastic hole washer is broken then replacements will be needed. They're usually either a kind of rubber/plastic raw bolt type or a plastic strap arrangement with a small metal plate and screw bolt.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back