Toilet - slow refill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

My toilet tank refills very slowly. Water supply to the Fluidmaster 400 inlet is of the cold water tank in the loft. There is no flow restrictor in the inlet tube. The whole system is almost new (rubber seals are all OK).
The cold water pipe is 22mm and of that pipe there is a 15mm pipe that supplies the toilet.

My view is that it is the water pressure (coming from the cold water tank in my loft) being too low. Do you think I can connect the toilet to the raising mains?
The problem with the slow refill existed before I had the toilet replaced.

Many thanks for help
Wojtek

Sponsored Links
I`ve had bother with fluidmeister on low pressure...answer???? But they`re good on mains pressure..Go for it. Also connect main to cold on basin...clean water 4 your teeth :idea:

4 years down the line and finally I am posting my results.
I didn't actually connect to the mains. There are two types of the rubber seals for the Fluidmaster. The one that it came with was made of a thick hard rubber and was to cope with the mains pressure. This was not the one I needed.
I had to order a different seal to be used with the cold water coming off the tank. This seal is made of a softer rubber that when put in place allows the water to flow nicely.
The cistern fills up perfectly.

Sponsored Links
I`ve had bother with fluidmeister on low pressure...answer???? But they`re good on mains pressure..Go for it. Also connect main to cold on basin...clean water 4 your teeth :idea:
It is against the water bylaws to connect any sanitary fitting to the mains water unless using non return valves. This prevents the possibilty of contamination to the mains drinking water occuring by 'back syphonage'.

Thats wrong fella,

You can connect all samitary equipment to the mains, thats what the air gaps on the ball / float valves are for.

Rico

its anything that can be immersed in water.

ie a shower in bath, where the shower head could be left in the dirty bath water. a non return valve should be fitted in this instance.

if ive got that right.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back