Toilet Soil Waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Installing a new connection into the soil pipe in the next week or so. I know the fall is around 18mm / 25mm or around for 1m of pipe externally.

The exit hole will be pretty close to where the soil pipe is as its the new toilet will be pretty much in the same place as the current toilet just in the room above it.

I'll be using a 127mm core drill for the exit hole, do i need a fall on this pipe? I've seen it can be used straight but our toilet in the room below has a quite a slope on it.

Aside from that, whats the best way to mark where the hole needs to be for the toilet, get the toilet out, up to the wall'ish and mark the wall ready to cut?

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
If you can get a slight downhill slope so much the better but I wouldn't worry too much about it for such a small length of pipe.
If you use the new toilet as a guide don't forget to allow for tiling if that's what you're doing.

Thanks for the reply! Got the toilet and put some tiles down roughly so I can get the marking and carry out the work,

Just a quick question regarding the water supply, I would like it to be as neat and hidden as possible. I'll be using JG 15mm pipes and isolation valves further down the pipe but running the pipe to the toilet what would be the best way to connect up? I can come out of the wall pretty much just below the connection on the toilet and would rather not use long flexible hose if I don't have to!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
We stocked Polyfit, Polyplumb, Hep2o and J G Speedfit.
Speedfit won on sales hands down.

I don't think Hepworth ever recovered from the crap system that was Acorn. (Brown?!?! :rolleyes: )

Thanks for the help. Got the soil pipe in and connected up, got a JG tap connector and all is well!

Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back