Toilet Trouble - Inlet valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just fitted a new toilet an all went well, but the cistern won't fill up.
The inlet valve is called an 'Arcadia'. Please see link for picture.
:(
I set the height setting and float height as instructions, and there really isn't anything else to do.

I had to saw a few mm of the stem to connect the pipe work, so the filter that fits in the stem is probably a bit higher, but I can't see what difference that would make. Any ideas?

Wolfboy

[url]http://www.heatandplumb.com/acatalog/Arcadia_Inlet_Valve.html

Sponsored Links
Have you used the correct pressure insert in the valve? I think they usually supply low and high pressure ones that you choose to fit.

I don't think this sort of inlet valve has a high/low pressure insert, (Unless anyone knows different) I know what you mean though. they are colour coded for mains or tank pressure. This unit is rated from 0.2 to 10 bar

wolfboy

I meant the plastic screw bit that is inserted up the inlet pipe. I thought these valves used this to set pressure. Usually comes with 2 'threads'!

Sponsored Links
As far as know there is no plastic screw in the inlet pipe, and there were no spare parts. There is a black restrictor/filter that is inserted into the bottom of the inlet pipe.

Obviously not the model I was thinking it is then. Have you tried it with out the black restrictor?

Have you checked the mains cold water isolation valve is working and opened fully?

Dave,

Yes, I fitted an elbow/isolation (1/2inch to 15mm) valve directly to the bottom of the inlet valve. The feed is from the loft tank and the pressure isn't great, but it's definately open.

wolfboy

I contacted the maufacturer, and it seems that the arcadia is only suitable for mains pressure. Tank feed won't be enough to work the valve.

So i'm off to buy a new inlet valve - more expense!

Hope the info is useful to someone out there..

wolfboy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back