toilet troubles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my new house has a soil pipe comes up through the floor, not through to wall like the normal, down stairs bathroom, tried to use a 90 degree pan connecter but when i flush the toilet it just fills up to the to of pan and takes a long time to empty, wont flush anything away, soil pipe is not blocked, problem seems to be the water hits the back of bend and comes back, and not down, seems to be the pan connector is the problem, is it for horizontal connections, there's a grove inside that seems to hold the water up, would a Low Level connector work, or would i have to buy a toilet which has a vertical exit.
any help please.

Sponsored Links
fitted many toilets like that and never had that happen.
instead of an s trap you've fitted a p trap with a 90 connector.
can't see why it not flushing

Sponsored Links
chuckle bros said:
soil pipe is not blocked

really?

Have you had your hand round the bend?

Can you post some pics?

JohnD said:
chuckle bros said:
soil pipe is not blocked

really?

Have you had your hand round the bend?

Can you post some pics?
old toilet worked fine and i've send down loads of water through the soil pipe, opened manhole and water flows freely
can you get a toilet with a downward exit instead of a horizontal exit

hi
if there is no blockage in the wc pan then this sounds like a partally blocked drain.
oldplumb.

Is it possible that the pan connector needs shortening slightly to allow the water to exit more freely? It could be that the water is going down the pan connector but cannot get past the narrow gap between the bottom of the pan connector and the soil pipe.

Have a look to see what sort of distance you've got between the toilet outlet and the base of the soil pipe. A lot of the readily available pan connectors can be trimmed down to quite an extent.

Here's my theory : It may be that you have pushed the pan connector on too much, pushing the toilet spiggot into the bend, thus blocking the bend.

Yes you can get S trap toilets - have a look at the Twyfords www. They have diagrams etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back