Toilet waste height.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have my waste pipe coming through the wall level (no fall), it is also about 30mm higher than the toilet that i want to fit? would someone tell me the connector i need to join the both but more importantly will this cause any problems when flushing the toilet?? cheers

Sponsored Links
you can try an offset pan connector come in 20mm - 40mm offset.

i never tried one with the soil pipe higher than the pan but it may be ok.

CON4A.jpg

or make a template out of ply to raise the pan.

you forgot to draw the turd balanced on the collar lol :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Traditionally the pan would be raised up on plywood in various thicknesses jigsawed to fit under the WC pan but it looks pants :rolleyes: Alternatively you can constrct a small platform area for the pan or part or all of the bathroom ;)

The offset should work depending on how tight the bend is :oops: but you ill have a higher water level in the pan

then again you might get some `comeback' ;)

The water level in your toilet will probably be higher as the level is set by the hight of the outlet (unless it's siphonic) Water will always find it's own level and it really doesn't like running up hill.

Raising it would be the best bet as seco said.

Sponsored Links
would 30mm really cause it to back flow????? are there toilets with a higher waste?

probably not Jonny we are just ribbin ya .
With no other options why not try it ? Pan conns are cheap enough and you don't need to connect everything up to test it out. use a small bucket of water to simulate a flush

thats what im planning to do hopefully it'll be ok, cheers everyone.

no worries jonny.

Make sure that you have a `backup plan' if things get stuck :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
just kiddin ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back