Toilet waste help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Replacing close coupled toilet as part of my bathroom replacement and have come across a problem. The position of the existing waste that goes through the floor versus the design of the new toilet means i cant marry the two up as is.

See pictures and let me know what you'd do.

I can batten out the top of the cistern by 50mm and itd fit but probably look carp. Or i can build out a frame round the toilet say 600mm wide and up to window cill height and tile/panel to match.

Any other ideas?

View media item 107939View media item 107938

Sponsored Links
you may just get away with a swan neck pan connector, just need to cut the pipe coming out the floor down a bit.

th

Ive tried one similar (floplast i think) which I cut down the length of but the back hits the wall so didnt go in straight.

Maybe cutting the waste down as you suggest might help, but then theres no way back if i cut that?

That waste pipe is just a piece of 110mm pipe stuck into the push fit connector of the soil pipe so can always be replaced.

You could always remove that piece altogether and use a McAlpine - WC-CONQP instead of the WC-CONQ

th

A WC-CONQ swan neck will fit as long as there is 83mm from the centre of the pipe in the floor to the wall. The CONQP is slightly larger @ 95mm

Sponsored Links
Ah ok, so thats just pushed in to where the ridged bit is. I think someone's painted it which confused me thinking it was one piece.

Underneath the floor, it then runs horizontally to the right (if looking at the wider picture). If i cut down the 110mm pipe sticking up, how much clearance does the bottom of the pan connector need? I dont want to cut down, ram in the connector for it to bottom out on the horizontal.

And thankyou for your help!

You just need to size it accordingly, it'll probably be a bend under the floor so just measure to the bottom of the bend, should fit without it dropping any where near that far though, just check before cutting.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back