Toilet waste pipe removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Just after a bit of guidance. I am just starting a refit of my bathroom so I will probably be asking quite a few more questions.

Below is a picture of my existing waste pipe. The was pipe on the new toilet is horizontal so I'm assuming a flexi pan connector will do the job but I cannot work out how to remove the old pipe? It seems as though the toilet is cemented in? Any advice would be greatly received.

[/img]

Sponsored Links
Looks like its a cast iron socket the pan fits into, and the joint could be rope and putty. You may find wiggling the pan from the floor can loosen the outlet joint. If this doesn't work, then try a hammer and old screwdriver to chisel the material out, or as a last resort, break the outlet away from the back of the old pan to remove the pan, then gently break up and remove whats left from the soil pipe. Wear stout gloves, broken porcelain is as sharp as glass, whichever method you use, don't let any bits drop down the drain!

Personally I'd use a 90 ° rigid (or 'swan neck' if the 90 puts the new W.C. too far away from the wall), the flexi's are horrible things and best avoided if at all possible!

I replaced a flexi for someone recently with a rigid connector, (after clearing the drain). The kids had dropped a toy dinosaur down the pan, which found its way into the drain. It eventually blocked up, and the householder decided to try and clear it himself. His plunging blew the flexi out the floor and the contents of the pan went everywhere...... :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back