Toilet water flush not strong enough..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there
I have moved to the new house and I have been told that the whole bath/toilet was fixed new about 2 years ago and still new as nobody has used it since then. (property was empty)
anyway when I fulsh the toilet the water flush but it is not strong enough to flush the :arrow: poo :oops: and even the toilet paper.
How can I make it flush strong?
It is 6 litre tank and I have it on the max (playing with the adjustment screw to get a full tank) but still no joy.
i have to use bucket to get rid of IT :)

Do you think it might be the seat where the water comes from??
any idea??

regards

Sponsored Links
Sorry but I just can’t resist it, :rolleyes: have you tried eating prunes for breakfast: :LOL: :LOL:

To be serious; you might just have a carp loo some of the cheap ones are not very good. You could try fitting a new flush unit inside but weather this will make any difference I’ve no idea, if the shape of the pan or design of the rim flush is poor then it’s probably a no hoper.

Sponsored Links
Bet it is a close coupled one where the cistern sits on the pan :(

thanks guys. believe me I have tried every thing, prunes, pear with water you name it.. I am sure it has nothing do with my poo :)

========
so if I change the flush unit inside would it make any difference?
Or could it be the toilet where the water comes out..

the toilet was bought from wickes so I think they would sell that much useless stuff.

I have just been told it used to work OK when used on couple of occasions. what could have happened since then that have decreased the pressure

Just a thought. perhaps if this has not been used for a long time you might have got some sort of buildup of slime in the internal waterways which reduces flow.

Perhaps if you put some drain cleaner in the cistern and flush that through it might clear out any buildup.

What sort of internal flush mechanism has it got. Traditional syphon or flap valve?

Just a thought. perhaps if this has not been used for a long time you might have got some sort of buildup of slime in the internal waterways which reduces flow.

Perhaps if you put some drain cleaner in the cistern and flush that through it might clear out any buildup.

What sort of internal flush mechanism has it got. Traditional syphon or flap valve?

It the one with the handle not push button one.
I have bought a new flush unit and changed it but the still not joy.

I think I know why there is no pressure. If you have notice when you flush the toilet the water comes out from Front and opposite side (mostly from the front). I can see that the flow of the water is slightly on the right side which kill the pressure and is not strong enough to flush the stuff.

I will try the drain cleaner and see how it goes.

regards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back