Toilet with an outward outlet/s trap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The toilets that the oputlet goes down instead of horziontal into the stack - how do they work? do they join the stack under the floor or does the pipe then run horizontal under the floor and into the stack?

Sponsored Links
they are most often used where the soil pipe on a downstairs WC goes straight down through a concrete floor.

They are very tiresome to replace as it is difficult to get a modern one that exactly fits the distance from back wall to soil pipe, and digging up a concrete floor is a terrible job.

mine is upsatirds tho!

I need to change it and am thinking of maybe getting a low levl one so I can use existing pan connector as don't want to disturb concrete!

Sponsored Links
sorry I haven't got a camera to take pics to load up.

basically the pan connector goes into a concrete raised ring and it must go through floor. Not sure I want to disturb the concrete ...

concrete raised ring - not asbestos cement pipe is it :confused: Argh evacuate the street ;) you should get some sort of pan connector to fit but the close coupled WC cistern might need to be battened off the wall a tad

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back