Tony Nicklinson has died

J

joinerjohn

Well, what sad news. Tony Nicklinson, the man who took his right to die case to the courts has passed away after refusing food for a week.
What a sad state of affairs when people like that, can't be assisted in their hour of need. I know there's a whole debate about assisted suicide and the right to die at a time of our own choosing, but surely, this case has shown the need for a radical rethink of present laws. What a very sad state of affairs when animals are treated better than humans.

Sponsored Links
Nothing will change until the mental illness known as religion is cured.

Sponsored Links
As long as people believe in some kind of Father Christmas figure giving them guidance through a Bronze Age book - you'll get nowhere. It's mental.

Still making no sense whatsoever.

Presumambly you posted here because you want to share your views - care to explain?

Take out the God principle and stop the god botherers interfering in social decisions.

In the end the desision ruling against him killing himself was indeed the catalyst to his demise . His family will off course be grieving but proberley take comfort that he has got his wish however he didnt want want to actually die right now but at his choosing so i would think that some has to answer to this.

Poor sod. Nasty way to go though I really hope that once the 'pneumonia' diagnosis was made he was helped along by some kind soul.

Absolutely appalling you have to starve yourself to death nowadays, wouldn't treat a dog like that.

Hard to have anything but contempt for organised religion.

I find it nonsensical that "the State" thinks it has the checks and balances in place to deprive someone of their liberty until the day they die (which to many would be akin to topping them anyway), yet doesn't act the same way about actually doing a willing person in.
It's probably more a case of "Euthanasia? No chance. Now - let's hear your argument for...."

Sponsored Links
Back