Too big to grout?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Due to a cock up I am left with a rather large gap between my shower tray and my first tile. Dont ask how or why, I just have!!

The gap is approx 12-15mm; too big to grout I think and too small to fit a cut tile - I think?

Is there a waterproof filler, white in colour that I could use to fill the gap??

Any advice?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
you could do what boycie does, fill it up with todays papers, then paint over!! ;)

You don't want to be filling that gap with grout really. And it's a bit big for silicone too.
If you can't raise the tray, how about using a thin piece of pvc window trim siliconed in place to bridge the gap?

Sponsored Links
The gap is approx 12-15mm; too big to grout I think and too small to fit a cut tile - I think?
You could cut a slither that thickness if the tiles are a decent thickness and you use a wet cutter but it's not a great situation to be left in.

Would definatley try gcols suggestion and raise the tray.

you could do what boycie does, fill it up with todays papers, then paint over!!
I prefer yesterdays papers and would use varnish as oppose to paint ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back