Too hot!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone please tell me why my bathroom radiator comes on when the hot water is turned on.... Is that meant to happen?

Sponsored Links
Even 13 yr old systems were sometimes piped up like that. What happens when rads only are on, and the hot water is not, and has it always been like that?................so many questions :)

Sponsored Links
Even 13 yr old systems were sometimes piped up like that. What happens when rads only are on, and the hot water is not, and has it always been like that?................so many questions :)

Then it acts like a normal radiator just 'on' like the others.

Why were they made like that then, what was the purpose? My old man says it's probably to dry out the bathroom

Some people (including me) like to have the bathroom radiator or towel rail plumbed so it heats up when the cylinder is heating.

This is typically during or after running a bath, the ideal time for towels to be dried and the bathroom to be heated.

Thanks everyone, I feel so much better informed now.

So now, why does the gas man need to come back and flush out some chemicals he put in my tank that I never knew he'd done in the first place?

Because they will be a system cleaning chemical designed to be left in for a certain length of time. Any longer and itl eat away.

Presumably he'll drain the system and add inhibitor.

Because they will be a system cleaning chemical designed to be left in for a certain length of time. Any longer and itl eat away.

Presumably he'll drain the system and add inhibitor.

Thank you Tay7

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back