too many boilers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I’m looking to replace my boiler (Myson middas 25+ years old) the new boiler will need to supply a medium two bedroom terrace with a down stairs bathroom suite and upstairs ensuite. I'd like a remote, iphone connection, or separate control upstairs (wireless?) also the boiler is to exit the house vertically
I have had British gas round and they recommended a worster bosh 28i ? 30i? (i cant remember exact name) £4,000 :rolleyes: and a local plumber has recommended a glow worm flexi com 30 cx £1300 fitted.
Im looking to purchase the boiler and equipment independently and then getting a local engineer to fit it so I would really appreciate some help selecting a boiler and shopping list of accessorys
Cheers nick.

Sponsored Links
If I don't supply it, then I don't fit it. Too much hassle when things are not what the customer expects of their purchase.

Customer Supply = muchos PITA, haggling, complaining = run a mile.

Except bathroom stuff - which is usually equally a bit of a pain but as appearances are important I suggest the customer supplies what they like the look of.

OP, if you supply you will also have warranty hassles. The installer is going to limit his warranty to the boiler not falling off the wall. Which is fair enough.

Sponsored Links
Its really not worth supplying anything yourself, I have been caught out with that and never again, if the stuff you supply is faulty/wrongly supplied, are you going to pay your installer day rates while he waits for you to get replacements? I doubt it

Its not as simple as just buying a boiler and flue, it might be necessary to get
a plume management kit, the gas supply might need upgrading and what about the condensate route and fittings

The plumber will just know what to get by the time you've finished you wont save any money. There's all sorts that's needed.
The diy sheds sell rubbish boiler usually !

The plumber will get discount for the boiler that you wont get because he's trade...........its just a fact..........merchants will look after their regular customers.

You wouldn't expect sainsburys suppliers to sell you stuff at the same price sainsburys buy at !

If you were my customer when I gave you the list of what actually needed
you'd probably say you get it !

plugs screws copper & plastic fittings waste fittings solvent weld fittings pipe for both, solder solvent weld adhesive flux wire wool compo clips
and thats just off of the top of my head !

glow worm flexi com 30 cx £1300 fitted.

no flush, no trv's, no room stat, no magna clean. done in a day. boiler fails inside warranty, glowworm say ' not installed to MI's'

you need a few more quotes.

have you had any recommendations?

Cheers for the replys, you're right I need to get some more quotes and get an engineer to fit it.

Any recommended boilers?

Vaillant or glow worm for me, Worcester if it's a Cdi

Havnt had any real problems with any of them

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back