Too many virus checks driving me insane!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:rolleyes: Hello to all, I've recently had a BT install the phone hub and with it you get McAfee Security Centre. Well my problem now is that when I turn on my computer every day the stupid thing install a virus check. Which is very annoying as the computer slows down to a halt while it's installing. Does anyone know how can arrange it on my computer so that it comes on say just once a month instead of every time I switch on. :idea: :cry:

Sponsored Links
You should be able to change the scan settings to a time that suits you. I don't know where the settings are in McAfee though, sorry.

I think Luisa might be saying it keeps updating the virus definitions and whilst doing so it slows her computer up? Most of them do have daily updates and even two or three a day are not unknown, be happy iin the knowledge that your system is keeping up to date, though if you find McAfee too much of a resource hog for your pc then uninstall it and install a less resource hungry one.

Sponsored Links
Have a look in control Panel > Scheduled Tasks
Right click McAffee and change the details.
I never turn my pc off so carp like that runs at 3am.

I run Kaspersky. It checks for updates every 4 hours. Never caused any problems though, or slow running :confused:

Sponsored Links
Back