Too many white squares !!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just about to have my kitchen re-wired. The new design means I have (one one wall) ..

Integrated fridge/freezer, extraction fan, dishwasher

and on the other

Integrated washer, microwave and drier.

This means I will end up with 5 fused spur switch plates above my worktop.

Is there any way that I could have one 3 way switch isolating each of the fused spurs on each wall ?

If so, which manufacturer ?

Sponsored Links
you could use a grid switch with a row of fuses and a row of switches....

Sponsored Links
A grid system lets you make up a single plate containing either a mix of different things and/or a large number of things.

You buy individual modules, which can be switches, fuses, dimmers, neon indicators etc, a frame to fix them to, which then screws to a flush or surface mount box (conventional ones for the smaller sizes of frames) and then a plate to cover the whole lot up, e.g :

MKK4501.JPG
MKK4891.JPG

MKK4500.JPG
MKK4890.JPG

MKK3702.JPG
MKK3703.JPG

MKK3704.JPG

MKK3632.JPG
MKK3633.JPG

MKK3634.JPG

Where they come into their own is when you want a lot of switches on one neat plate, as you can get quite big ones

MKK3514.JPG

Unlikely to want one as big as that in your house though, but you do see 8-12 way ones in kitchens with a mix of switches and fuses supplying and controlling socket or flex outlets under worktops for appliances. If you're going to have sockets under the worktops, use 15A round-pin ones, as you don't need (or want) more fuses in the plugtops. Make up a short lead with a 13A plug and a 15A trailing socket for use when Mr Appliance Mender comes, and wants to plug/unplug for his safety tests and peace of mind.

You can get switches engraved with legends like Fridge, Dishwasher, Tumble Drier, Boiler etc etc, so one of your grids might end up looking something like this:

GRID6.jpg

Wow, that's the most elaborate answer I have ever seen.

Cheers Sheddy Boy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back