too much cold pressure for shower balance

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
me and a friend installed a bathroom but the cold was from the mains and the pressure too much for a good balance in the shower.Its a thermo mixer from aldi he bought :). Anyway we put two service valves at the begining of the run for the appliances (hot and cold) and ive now had to put another service valve on the cold after the wc and basin but before the shower.this service valve is almost shut off to equal the pressure.
Whats the deal with pressure reducing valves? i had a look at some pic on the net and they seem massive.i need something better than a service valve to stop the pressure surely.

Sponsored Links
aldi?? :rolleyes: Didn't realise they are plumbing merchants. Did you get a free tin of beans with it?

Hot and cold must be balanced ie both off gravity supply from cold storage tank :rolleyes:

you can get a pressure-reducing valve, not very cheap. Just install it in the cold water supply pipe to the shower. I had one on a seldom-used guest-room shower, and it used to seize shut, but maybe they're OK in regular use. I have an idea they are in the £30/£50 range.

Proper installation in the first place would not need this to be fitted :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
ha ha ha ha. yet more numpties who think plumbing is easy. love it.

only reduce the flow by nipping back valve ,pressure remains constant. Thats why we had to go to and still do at great expense to college which is reflected in our invoices.

petetheleak said:
only reduce the flow by nipping back valve ,pressure remains constant.
Do you mean by nipping back the valve or by nipping a back valve? Which valve?

And, of course, you did remember to put in a double check valve on the cold water supply I hope?

giblets said:
And, of course, you did remember to put in a double check valve on the cold water supply I hope?

come on giblets any one who buys their shower from a supermarket its BOUND to know water regs

And cue the flying pig pic

;)

tarrah...........

flyingpig.gif

giblets said:

Because if you did you wasted your money. Only needed a single check valve :p

Corgiman said:
come on giblets any one who buys their shower from a supermarket its BOUND to know water regs

As above ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back