Too powerful flush

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just fitted our new cloakroom toilet with hidden cistern behind stud wall but the problem is the flush is too powerful & splashes over the rim a bit

Reducing the amount of water in the cistern has minimal effect.

Is there a means of slowing down the gush of water that comes down the curved flush pipe somehow by fitting something inside it?

The design of the toilet bowl is probably the main cause of this as it has visible outflow holes near the rim which is completely different to our other toilet where all the water comes down from under the rim itself

Sponsored Links
You always take a chance if you mix bowls and cisterns from different sources. The only way I can think of to reduce the flow is to sleeve in the downpipe. A short piece of 1.25" waste might do the trick.
Friend of mine found a big lump of putty in this pipe in his new house. Made a huge difference to the flush when he eventually found and removed it.

It could be a faulty pan, certainly it's not uncommon, with all the european rubbish flooding the country.

Could also be the pan is leaning forward, and the front edge wants raising.

It's just occured to me that maybe the answer is obvious,lol

If I just reduce the flush pipe length & lower the cistern then hopefully it will reduce the surge of water? going to try it anyway :p

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back