too soon for emulsion tape test?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On Sunday I painted my ceiling with Wilko kitchen emulsion. It was skimmed with new plaster about a month ago. I watered down the first coat which I applied in the morning, I did a second coat full strength in the evening.

Now I want to paint the walls. Is it too soon to put masking tape on the ceiling where it meets the wall? I want to get a clean join without removing any ceiling paint.

And finally the question related to the topic. I have heard people here talking about checking the adhesion of emulsion to plaster by using tape and seeing if it comes off. How long should you want after applying the emulsion to testing with tape?

Sponsored Links
I find it's better getting a neat line at the top of the wall, free-hand, without using masking tape. It can give you a false sense of security, and when you do peel it off, you'll often find the paint has crept underneath it, as well as pulling the emulsion from the ceiling. :eek: Just my opinion though. ;)

Roughcaster.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back