Tool hire for this job?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I wondered if there was a better tool than, sandpaper and possibly a scrapper to enable me to get my masonary looking nice without having to re-render!

Here's a photo of my bay window and as you can see I've given it a lick of paper (after having scrapped it) and it looks nice and clean and fresh but it's pretty lumpy due to previous coats of paint and the main culprit is some dodgy covering that has 75% worn off the house but remains in some places.

As you can see I've tried to use a blow tourch to get rid of the covering and although it works it takes AGES to do this.

Here's the pic:

I've got a lot to do so wondered if there was something I could hire in order to rip the coatings off back to the masonary so I could fill any of the hole up and the give it a really good coat of paint to protect the masonary.

Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
Maybe these angle grinder accessories could work for you?
Toolstation 18114, or 35654.
The latter is particularly vicious and I would definitely have a practice with it first. Full face protection essential!
John :)

AWESOME!

Thanks for that! Is this a screw fix item too?

Is there a way to get my angle gridner to turn the blade? I've used my angle grinder to cut slits etc before but never on it's side. Is there a way to get it to work flatter so that I can use it as more of a sander with the adrasive disc?

Thanks again

Sponsored Links
Toolstation 18114 appears to be similar to Screwfix 83915.
Both fit in the angle grinder like an ordinary disc. With a little practice you'll soon get the hang of it - only let the forward edge contact the masonry - not the entire disc.
Grit blasting would certainly work - very messy though. Its great if you can get the object inside a cabinet - with a wall it will go everywhere, and its non recoverable, really.
John :)

dunno chris,twas just an idea for you to mull over and perhaps ask at your local hire place ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back