Tool options for ripping timber

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I'd like some probably pretty basic advice. I want to rip (which I think means to cut longitudinally) timber into precise widths. An obvious option would be a table saw with a fence but that's also fairly large. It's not out of the question. I suppose the same applies to a band saw. However I noticed that Bosch have an accessory for a regular circular saw which allows it to rip precise widths. I'm not sure how that would work in practice.

Are there any other options I'm missing? I own a Bosch jigsaw but that would be a bit slow for the volume of cuts I expect to make.

The project I'm interested in emulating is a table made from pallet wood.

Sponsored Links
jig saw will not do the job,If your ripping up pallets a 9" makita with a blade for cutting demolition wood,and a chalk line USE A FULL FACE SCREEN

Small table saw will rip cut easily, more importantly you need a table planer to prepare the timber and size it correctly for assembly.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back