Toot! Toot!

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
https%3A%2F%2Fd1e00ek4ebabms.cloudfront.net%2Fproduction%2F3ec4436d-8b21-4674-b7a0-93353a252202.jpg

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Looks a bit lop sided. Listing to port. Now if it did topple over that would really mess things up.

That said she has made it to the first lake where she can park up and have a check over.

I can imagine this fiasco has given Al-Qaeda some ideas. Just you wait and see. :cautious:

Having transited the canal several times myself, I am surprised this type of blockage is not more common. The Egyptians own the canal and only dredge the central part of the canal, hence why they operate a one way system. The bottom is 'V' shaped so any ship losing steerage as this one did, will find itself stuck on the sand banks on either side of the canal.
The winds constantly blow sand into the canal so is a major headache keeping the canal clear.

I have been through the Suez canal a number of times and believe the Egyptians will be ringing the bill up as we speak, and charging even more for those “canal searchlights” that are required to be temporarily fitted, even when transiting in daylight.

I can imagine this fiasco has given Al-Qaeda some ideas. Just you wait and see. :cautious:

They are always considered a threat when naval vessels transit the canal.
All close range weapons on the upper deck are manned and in a high state of readiness.......just in case.

Sponsored Links
Back