Toothpaste lid down plug hole - trapped by lever rod

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I dropped a lid from my daughter's toothpaste down the plug hole and can't get it back out as it is trapped under the rod from the plug lever thingy. We're in a rented house and the pedastal seems to be secured to the floor so we can't move it!

Does anyone have any ideas please? Things have got more and more clogged down there and now the water is very reluctant to drain away....

Sponsored Links
View media item 35151
unscrew the bit with the arrow and you should be able to pull the lever out far enough to retrieve the top.

many thanks - but does that mean I need to get the pedestal off? It's fixed to the wall and it would mean ripping it out (unhappy landlord...) The only way I can get into the plug hole is from the top it seems...

Its unusual not to have any access at all to the trap ect, long nosed pliars and some patience might be your best bet at the moment.

Sponsored Links
I think we've had a really dodgy plumber put it in!

Many thanks for the advice - I'll look forward to a bit of swearing over it in the next few days!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back