Top side plumbed radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. Thanks for looking at this post.

My central heating system is to be extended into a basement. Part of the existing central heating already services a ground floor room above the basement. The obvious method of extending the central heating system to the basement will be to link into the pipes under the floor of the ground floor room and bring them down through the basement ceiling.

To minimise lengths of pipework, I'd like to install a modern vertical radiator which has fittings for inlet / outlet at the top and possibly a thermostatic valve somewhere a bit lower for easy access.

Is there a vertical radiator available, or other type of radiator, which has top side inlet / outlet?

Thanks for looking at this post.

Sponsored Links
Loads of vertical rads are like that. Towel radiators too.
You can use a lot of them upside down.
I've seen stantard radiators used on their side, which also work.

The TRV has to be in the water flow path though, so remote access doesn't work.

Before you fit a vertical rad upside down check with the manufacturer that it will work.

Some have restrictors at the "bottom" which dont have the same effect if used upside down!

In most cases its better/easier to just take the supply pipes down behind the rad if you want to feed it from above.

Tony

Sponsored Links
remote control thermostatic heads can also be bought
Pegler do one in their Belmont range as do Honeywell.

home_honeyT100MZ2512.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back