TOPSOIL PRICES

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to shop around locally and on the internet for 4 tonnes of topsoil and the cheapest price that i can find is roughly around £300 !!

is this about right....im blocking up in front of patio ( at the front of the house ) so we can put turf down for the pool for the kids in the evening as front is west facing and very sunny.

But £300 for 4 tonnes....phew...anyone know any cheap suppliers ?

Sponsored Links
Check local classified ads and Ebay - you'll often find people are wanting rid soil. You'll have to collect it, and probably load it yorself, but a few trips will soon see to that.

The stuff you have been quoted for is probably seived and sterilised - unless you are growing prize vegetable or such like you don't need that -certainly not for turf.

How could I forget - I have several tonnes to get rid of myself at the moment - in Herts.

Sponsored Links
I'm trying to shop around locally and on the internet for 4 tonnes of topsoil and the cheapest price that i can find is roughly around £300 !!

Eek!!!!!
I've bought around 30 tons of topsoil over the last few years and the price round here is £10-£15 per ton delivered for 5-10 tons at a time!

Does your ground have a high gold content or somesuch? :D

for good topsoil you'll pay £50 per tonne

cheap topsoil full of weeds, crap, glass etc will be alot cheaper

if your going to buy topsoil, buy it from a reputable source, such as a decent landscape supplier. Local papers etc are always full of idiots selling topsoil very cheap. Its an a cheap and easy way of getting rid of the crap they dig out of building sites. You pay for what you get, but you should be paying around 50-60 a tonne for a decent screened topsoil.

You often find that bigger operations will charge how much they like if they have little competition so ask around in garden centres or even better a farmers merchant. A local more family/rural set up is usually better for ser4vice and price.

As a followup to this I've just bought 25 tons of topsoil. £14/ton all in delivered by tractor and spread using a JCB. Possibly not the best graded stuff in the world but perfectly good enough for any gardening or turfing requirements!

Crikey! £300.00 for 4 T!! I'm Paying about £11.00 per T for a 20T load of good screened loamy soil but about £18.00 per T for a part load at the moment. If I have it delivered in an ordered skip, usually a little less.

About 5 years ago I'm sure I was £7 or £8 per screened tonne & that was delivered from a local bulilder.

I thought that was dear but then I did buy 38 tonnes of it to do our whole back Garden !

Co.

Eek!!!!!
I've bought around 30 tons of topsoil over the last few years and the price round here is £10-£15 per ton delivered for 5-10 tons at a time!

Does your ground have a high gold content or somesuch? :D

Robert

I am also in Fife, and cannot find prices anything like that low.

Where are you getting your topsoil from??!!

Thanks

Niall

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back