Torches?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am forever buying torches, normally the ones that take 2 x 2D batteries maglite led and even the new Duracell led. One small knock and that's it they stop working. What are you guys using? Any recommendations? I've seen a new durcell hand held spot light, any good?

Andy

Sponsored Links
I have Cluson Clu10 Clulite Rechargeable, stopped using the battery ones long ago. Seems to keep it's life for sometime, its been dropped the odd time and still works with no rattles. I also have a little windable in the tool box just in case, can't remember the make but it has had some stick and does in case of emergency.

Sponsored Links
LED head light, i refused to use them becasue they make you look stupid.

i use one now and they are awesome, leaves you two hands free and theres always light where you are looking, good for the attic.

LED head light, i refused to use them becasue they make you look stupid.

i use one now and they are awesome, leaves you two hands free and theres always light where you are looking, good for the attic.

i look stupid anyway, so it makes no odds to me. got an energizer headlight - spot, periphery, combined & red light (the red is good for scaring trick or treaters, but not much use otherwise).

i keep buying those plumb centre LED c cell torches - the aluminium ones. they're ok, but the connnections aren't great so they often flicker a bit

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
I've got two genuine Maglites, both have been dropped numerous times and generally abused, neither have had to have a new bulb yet!

some people don't like them, but,

i use a LED LENSER head light all the time, a bit pricey at £38.00 + vat
but boy they are good, single LED runs off 3 x AAA batteries and goes for days.

would not be without it,

and nor would any of my staff.

whether you think you look silly with it on, is a matter of personal choice, but i really don't give a hoot, the thing is so good, its part of the standard kit in all vans,

consider this
you have to get up in a roof void, carry a lead light, extension lead, move it around to get were your getting to, or try to hold a torch and connect the cables,

no way, two hands free to work, light your work area just by looking at it.

works for me.

Oasis

I swear by my Erbauer torch for most work (you can swivel the head into any direction). Then a LED headlamp for attic work, so I can keep my hands free to grab an apex beam before I fall through the ceiling :LOL:

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
preticeboy

thats the ones, but if you seach a bit more you should be able to get them cheaper.

but boy, they are a bloody good light,

lightweight and very practical

Sponsored Links
Back