Torches

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to purchase a new torch as the batteries in the old one have swollen up and will not come out. I want something that has a focusing beam and preferably LED rather than a standard bulb and of aluminium construction.

I have seen the new Maglite LED and Lenser type torches on the interweb. Does anyopne have experience of these, if so how do you rate them for brightness, battery life, weight etc.

Sponsored Links
get a head light (one that goes on your head, not the thing that goes in a car)

I have a led one, its great, hands free and you can always see where you are looking since the ligt follows. oh and mine is led too

Torches? Now we're talking.

If you want power, then get a Surefire L4 - 65 lumens and one of the brightest LEDs = to 4 cell maglite but as big as an AA size maglite. This has a flood beam, but if you want throw then you need either an Inova T3, T4 or T5, or a Night-Ops Gladius

The brightest LEDs will run off 3v lithium cells or rechargeables and have a Luxeon Star LED (1, 3, or 5 watt), not just normal white leds.

Or at the budget end, look at Inova X series or something from Fenix or Nuwai

The new mag leds are way over priced. The lensers are OK, but there are better torches available

Sponsored Links
mate of mine had a similar "illness" he liked tractors, knew all about them makes,HP etc, but he has since got over it.
Trouble is he is now an Extractor fan (ex- tractor fan)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back